Rules of tendering for procurement contracts:
- The head researcher of research projects or the project manager of operational projects must provide at least three offers to purchase the project’s needed supplies, in case they are worth more than 30,000 SAR.
- It is sufficient for the head researcher of research projects or the project manager of operational projects to propose a single t offer when there’s an exclusive supplier of the needed supplies. In this case, the representative company’s tender is submitted along with documents proving the exclusive nature of the company agency and a letter explaining the situation.
- The unit will do the necessary to award the contract for the supplies after reviewing all the offers, taking into consideration the items of article 11 of these rules.
- Supplies may not be purchased until the unit awards the contract.
Request to change the equipment offered in the project:
- If the project requires any equipment other than those included in the proposed research project, the head researcher of research projects or the project manager of the operational projects shall take the following steps:
- Submission of a request to change, justifying the need for the change requested, and providing detailed information regarding the alternative equipment.
- The unit is in charge of reviewing the request and processing it.
- In case the request to change the equipment is approved, the procedures described in article 11 shall be followed, provided that the request to change does not affect the overall equipment budget item of the project.